Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DIY Rope Belt


Over the weekend I found myself in need of a white belt and thought of all the rope belts I've been seeing around lately. Originally I want to make a belt with a big figure eight knot in the front but the rope I had was not thick eoungh for it so I came up with my own. 


All you need to make this is some rope.


Cut 3 pieces of rope each long enough to wrap around your waist twice plus a few extra
 inches so you have enough to tie it with a bit left to hanging.
 Fold the 3 pieces in half and tape down.
 Divide the the rope into 3 strands to braid, with each strand having 2 pieces of rope
 Start braiding leaving a small loop at the top for the knot to fit though
Once you have it braided to your desired length tie a knot at the bottom. Leave a bit of
rope to hang and cut the rest off.
That's it put it on and pull the knot threw the loop, adjust by pulling tighter.

There you have it!


Happy Tuesday!!




4 comments :

Danielle Leal said...

Love it! What a great idea. Thanks for the tutorial, I can't wait to try it.

Cassidy said...

This is so freakin cute!! Gotta get me some rope!

Danie at Pasadya said...

Thanks so much for this! I was just going to buy a belt sort of similar to this at Gap the other day, but I didn't feel like paying $20 for it. I figured I could try to make one myself, and this one is perfect!

Katie said...

that is so cute!! LOVE it! following you from the blog hop! excited to read more on your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...